2.18.2016

Map around the trap

I came across another inspiring blogger named Heather Armstrong today (http://dooce.com/). I found her through Penelope’s blog (http://blog.penelopetrunk.com/). Penelope thinks she is brilliant, and she is. Upfront, edgy, raw, provocative, confident and not afraid to speak her mind. Oh, those women made of dynamite. I think I should be more like this. I should take life into my own hands. Actually, let me rephrase so it has a bigger impact. I am taking life in my own hands. 

Heather has dogs and kids, she works from home and has a husband who is a web developer. Most of all, Heather talks and people listen. I suppose this is why she, herself believes that what she has to say is meaningful. I look up to people like that for being brave enough to get themselves out there. 

I want to be successful, too, one day. I also want that day to come relatively soon, like the true greedy entitled millennial I am. I think that everybody has to write and coach others about things they have mastered through struggling. This is the only way you can foresee the traps that are yet to come. You know them, because you have already been there, you fell, you crashed, you broke a couple of bones or all of them, you realised you are a failure and you were numb for days or decades. One day you just got clarity of mind and a burning desire in your gut. You stood up and you did something about it. It might have been a small step at first, but then the steps got bigger and faster. Here you are now, knowing how to dodge that bullet. From now on you have the chance to help others facing the same difficulties. You have the experience, the insight, the map around the trap and the sympathy to do it. 

There are 7 billion people out there and the chances someone can relate to what you have been through are pretty damn high. Just believe that you matter and you can make a difference in the lives of a few hundreds of thousands of people. Give yourself a purpose by being a catalyst for the growth of others.

Your impact matters. You, yourself matter. 

Just remember, you can take a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. Speak your mind, spread the knowledge and your people will find you themselves. 

2 comments:

  1. I love it Meli. Very good arguments, and I totally resonate. Great title too. :)

    ReplyDelete