1.18.2011

What do you want to be when you go to sleep?

I regret skipping my professional orientation class. Or maybe there was never taught such a subject in my school, I can't really remember.

I can only be sure of some occasional thoughts springing to my mind. Thoughts about occupations that were never an option.

Once I wanted to be a poet. After that I wanted to be a sculptor, a traveller, a lover, or even a mother. I wanted to be a dancer even though I can hardly dance. I even wanted to be French at some point.

There's one thing I accidentally managed to succeed in. I wanted to be a dreamer and so I became one. I found out I could dream on and be all those things. I could be Billy Elliot, Monet, God, Verlaine, Rodin, Poe or Bukowski. I could even be a french girl with freckles working in a bakery. I also dreamt about helping people and not being suspiciously looked at. I dreamt about being surrounded by smiling people. While dreaming I often pretend there's no hate, or ego, or poverty, or pessimism. I pretend the air consists of Oxygen and Love.

No wonder why I'm finding it harder and harder to wake up.

3 comments:

  1. Well done ξανθιά.Keep dreaming όσο μπορείς κάνει καλό.Προσωπικά έχω βαρεθεί τα όνειρα , αλλά δεν ξέρω αν είναι καλό αυτό.Pessimism is knocking my door?! :)

    ps1:Πολύ ωραίο blog.Συνέχισε να γράφεις.Θα σε διαβάζω (μάλλον :P).
    ps2:Πάρε κι ένα τραγούδι για να ονειρευτείς παραπάνω http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnHoqHscTKE

    Φιλικά,
    ο Απαισιόδοξος Τράγος.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest friend,

    please don't give up dreaming! Also don't be afraid to be unfriendly to pessimism and shut your door right at its face.
    Thank you very much for all your kind words.

    Always available for an emotional uplift,

    M.

    P.S. I totally loved the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete